Search the COMM LINK News Archive!

20100516

COMM LINK 2.0




Greetings Fellow Thermopylites!

Welcome to the new and improved (I had a REALLY hard time deciding if that was even possible)COMM LINK!

Why the change? It was two fold. First of all, the program that was being used to publish the newsletter was a pain in the tuckuss and I had a huge learning curve (yeah, I know.) I thought that when I came back I could just jump right back into the things I had been doing before I reenlisted. I forgot how time consuming Army life was.



Secondly, This format of media releases all of us (and my beleaguered staff) from the stressfull constraints of a publishing date. Instead allowing us to publish articles as they arrive. (Side note: Command staff are still required to submit thier article/report no later than the 25th of each month. We are after all accountable to the crew each month.)

That being said, if you wish to submit articles, art work, videos (yes videos!)send them or a link to them to junkiefx@gmail.com. PLEASE TITLE THE MESSAGE "COMM LINK SUBMISSION OR IT WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. Sorry, not meant to yell, just grab your attention.

Anyway, I will be in the next few days adding articles that have been submitted up to this point to get this going. This is a very exciting idea and I am looking forward to it.

I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE STAFF REPORTS IN THE FORM OF A VIDEO IF YOU CAN DO IT! That will add more to the interactivity of this news blog.

That's all for now. Second star to the right, and sraight into the shade... it's getting hot out here!

Commodore Peter G Christian
Editor
COMM LINK

3 comments:

  1. Ah... so basically newsletter format out, blog format in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have never blogged before but better late then never.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a fun little tool, isn't it? I am looking for volunteers to moderate the comments.

    ReplyDelete